Friday, December 12, 2008

Arkansas Trip: Little Rock

FINAL Catch-up Post #7

After leaving Nashville, Arkansas on Friday we headed to Little Rock where we were going to visit with some friends for a little while watching the Razorbacks play LSU. However, we didn't get the email that had said the party was canceled because the stomach bug had hit the Thompson family. Since no one had been sick in a couple of days, we decided to take a chance and visit for a little while anyway. Thankfully, none of us got the stomach bug which the Thompsons are STILL plagued with. After we visited for a little bit, we headed over to some other friends to visit for about 20 minutes before we were expected for dinner at our dear friends the Hamlines.


The Hamlines gave the girls some cute Christmas gifts....cowgirl hats and a horse to ride on!







We received some delicious Cranberry salsa that Gail had made along with a BIG bag of chips and a pretty salsa bowl. I will have to post that recipe some time soon!


Saturday was a pretty day and Jimmy and the girls helped Gail with some leaves while I did a little computer work for Paul inside. Paul was busy studying at the coffee shop for his LAST test to complete his counseling degree! Yeah, Paul!



Jewel had fun cooking with Gail. I think they were making cornbread in this picture.

Jane with her buddy Mr. Paul.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Looks like a great trip! I saw you in the congregation on Sunday morning but I never got a chance to talk to you. :(

Becky Arnold said...

I can't believe I saw you from the choir, but never got a chance to say hello in person! It looks like you had a great visit with friends. We still miss you guys!