Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Gingerbread House

My uncle sent us a gingerbread house kit. We had a fun time with it, but it didn't last long. It collapsed after about 30 minutes, so we just enjoyed eating it! :) This may have been the first gingerbread house I have ever tried to make. It doesn't get much easier than a gingerbread house kit! I am just glad I didn't try to make it all from scratch, I would have definitely been disappointed at not being able to get it stand up!




3 comments:

beckylbranch said...

That is so cute, I love the pic of the girls holding the HUGE pieces of gingerbread to their mouths! What fun are gingerbread houses if you don't eat them anyway?

besnini said...

I got gingerbread house kits to do with my grandchildren...they didnt' stay together very well either. We made them at Mom's and decided it was too warm in the house for the icing to set up. Some were sort of held together with tape :) It was a fun memory. I just hope in years to come when they say "Nini remember when..." I can say "Yes, I do, wasn't that fun."

Anonymous said...

Don't worry, Krista. Our's from Uncle Bub collapsed too~
--Kari