
Last week Jewel picked out a DVD at the library about kids learning how to knit. She wanted to try, but I didn't have any knitting needles, so I let her play with my crocheting needles. She had lots of fun making her little "creations." One day I found a crocheting needle next to a ball of yarn and thought, "I have had this yarn for 3 years and haven't done anything with it. I might as well try to put it to good use." So over the next couple of days, I crocheted these two hats for the girls in my limited spare time sitting down. Don't look too closely at them, but I think they turned out pretty well. Especially since I have never actually crocheted anything before, and the fact that I kind of just made up a crocheting stitch since I had no idea what I was doing! My crafty firstborn had to to add her own decorations to her hat (you can't really see them in the picture, but she weaved some stuff through the top. Silly girl!) And, today when we went outside, it was actually cool. The girls asked to wear their hats and coats. So I guess maybe they might get to use them some here in Florida, after all! :)

4 comments:
You amaze me, Krista! You didn't have instructions at all for those hats????? I guess you could say your crocheted "by ear." --MomJ
sorry, my bad...."could say YOU crocheted..." --MomJ
Good job, girl! They are cute! We just tried our hand at crocheted hats about a month ago. The little girls loved them.....even slept in them the first night!
Ross' favorite hat to wear was one that I crocheted him (he had asked me to make him one in our Alaska days). You know I attemped to make another one or so, and I think I failed at all but maybe one other. I forgot how I had started out!!!
I'm sure the girls are proud of their hats!!
--Kari
Post a Comment