Friday, October 09, 2009

Homeschool Activities

I wish I would have been taking more pictures during our homeschool days...but here is a sampling of what we have been doing. We are using My Father's World curriculum. The units we have done so far are Ss Sun, Mm Moon, Ll Leaf, Aa Apple, and Nn Nest. We have done a lot of fun activities so far. The curriculum is a little too basic for Jewel but slightly too advanced for Jane soooo, I have to improvise just a little bit to make it work for both girls. Overall, I think it is a great curriculum. I like to teach unit studies. Each week we do one new letter and one theme.

This picture is actually from today. The girls painted birdfeeders. The theme this week was nests. They did a really good job!


Here are the girls enjoying a lunch of alphabet pancakes of the 4 letters we had covered so far at that point and also some homemade applesauce (the theme was apples that week).

This was a picture from the week we learned about leaves. We easily found 22 different types of leaves just in our front and back yards!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great job! :)
-Kari