My recipe kind of evolved from this recipe.
2 cups rolled oats
1/4 cup packed brown sugar (I use dark brown because that is what Jimmy bought)
3/4 cup Splenda
1/2 cup wheat germ
1/2 cup flaxseed meal
1 cup wheat flour
2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
1/4 cup chopped nuts (I have used pecans and almonds)
1 egg, beaten
1cup applesauce
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
olive oil cooking spray
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Generously grease a 9x13 inch baking pan.
In a large bowl, mix together all dry ingedients. Add wet ingredients. Mix well using your hands. Press the mixture evenly into the prepared pan. Bake for 30 minutes in preheated oven, until the bars begin to turn golden at the edges. Cool for 5 minutes, then cut into bars while still warm. Do not allow the bars to cool completely before cutting, or they will be too hard to cut.
Note: I make up several bags at once and keep the pre-made bags in the refrigerator. Then I just dump the wet ingredients into the bag, zip it closed, and mix by tossing things around until everything is moistened. NO DISHES messed up except the pan and that could even be lined with foil!!! :)
Also, for a slightly crispier granola bar you can use 1/4 c. oil and 1/2 c. applesauce instead of 1 c. applesauce.
And, lastly, you will want to refrigerate your granola bars to keep them fresh. I think they taste best chilled anyway!
ENJOY!


1 comment:
Thank you, Krista! Yay for copy and paste and working printers~!!
Post a Comment