Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Cloth Diapers

So...this time around with an infant I am going to try something that never so much as crossed my mind with my first two babies. I am going to try cloth diapering. For the past year or so I have heard of and talked with several people who have tried cloth diapering and really like it. I settled upon this new brand GroBaby. The one thing that I decided was that I wasn't going to "experiment" or try lots of different ones (there are so many styles and types out there!). I just want to do a little research and then buy all of the same diapers. I just really don't want cloth diapering to be a mental exercise (trying to find the one that fits the best or is my "favorite") every time I change a diaper. It really has to be as mindless as using disposables for me to do it! Soooo...I bought this package deal that has everything you need to cloth diaper for the first 2 years. And...because I didn't want to have to make decisions on diaper colors every time I went ahead and bought 10 of the white and 2 of the purple (just because all fo the reviews say that the blackberry purple color was so pretty!). I opted not to get any of the green or orange...they just didn't sound very appealing to me. Now, I really don't anticipate being a "100% of the time cloth diapering person," but I do plan to use them while I am at home. The cloth diapers I chose have a cool sizing system that allows you to use them from newborn to toddler...according to the reviews this brand has perfected the "one-size" diapering system...so we'll see! :) They seem easy enough and I really think it will not only save on buying diapers but will also take some of the hassle out of needing to run to the store for diapers...and, of course, cut down on waste. Thanks to coupons and sales, I have already stockpiled a few packages of disposable diapers in sizes newborn through size 3 to use when we leave the house AND during the first few weeks or so of having a newborn...I will just be doing good to change the baby's diaper...I am not sure if I will start with the cloth diapering during the first couple of weeks.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

You'll love cloth! We use bum genius with Piper and have LOVED them! Wished I would've known about them with the boys, I would've used them with them.