Saturday, January 10, 2009

The Flights

Due to a flight change that was out of our control, on the way to Idaho we had two separate layovers. The girls were really excited about flying. I guess it had been 2 years since they had last flown. The highlight for Jane was probably the take-off. She was saying/yelling WHEEEE while she was plastered to the back of her seat. And, of course, they enjoyed the snacks, drinks, and tiny bathrooms (which we actually all 3 fit into twice!). It seemed to me that the flight to Idaho was a really long day...probably due to the fact that we had to do a 4 hour drive to the Orlando airport before enduring 3 separate flights. The girls we a little harder to entertain on the way there. Also of significant note, we left Orlando with temperatures close to 80 degrees (while carrying our winter coats on board by my Dad's encouragement). When we arrived in Spokane, WA (which is next door to Post Falls, Idaho where my family lives) it was 6 degrees (no, I didn't leave out a digit!).

But on the way home from Idaho, the girls seemed to just kind of chill out and enjoy the ride. I, however, had REALLY bad nausea on the take-offs and the landings due to my increased queasiness with morning sickness. We almost missed our connecting flight in Salt Lake City coming home (which, praise the Lord, we didn't!)!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm very glad that you didn't miss your flight either!! THe girls look cute in their plane seats. And you all 3 fit in the bathroom?? That's amazing! It seemed it was a really tight fit for Jon and I when I went in with him. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, and I forgot to add my name...again..
Plus, I guess Jon had to stand and go potty compared to sitting down, so that would account for a little less floor room.. :)
---Kari

Gina said...

Oh...I've flown twice while pregnant and sick. I feel for you, girl! Hopefully it'll end soon!