Today, I completely overhauled every toy container, the girls' clothes drawers and closet, coloring cabinets and baskets...well, pretty much anything related to the girls! It is absolutely crazy how things can "appear" to be in order, but when you start sorting a tidy little basket of toys there is like one lego, one building block, one hair ribbon, one Little People, one book, one kitchen toy, one dress up toy, one domino, one puzzle piece...you get the picture!?! And all of those little things need to go to back to their individual homes. Multiply that example by a 1000 and you will have a glimpse of what I did ALL DAY LONG! It baffles me how things get that disorganized. I actually have boxes for each category of toys and most of the boxes of toys are out of reach from the girls! So to continue today's narrative....I go to return the single domino to the game closet. What do I find? About half of the games dumped out with all of the pieces jumbled on the floor! YIKES! So I spend another 30 minutes organizing the game closet before going back to that little basket of random toys! My patience was running very thin a few hours into organizing. I am not quite sure how many times I had to seek forgiveness for using "unkind words" to the girls. I really try not to exaggerate things when I talk to the girls, but today I said, "Jewel, I think that I may never buy you another toy ever again!" Of course, poor Jewel takes everything literally so she was a little concerned about that! I had to retract my statement, but I did proceed to lecture her about keeping things organized. Poor baby. She is such a good little helper and such a cheerful little girl. There is only so much you can expect from a 3 year old!
Although it was a tiring day, it feels good to know that all of the dominoes are in the domino box, all of the legos are in the lego box...etc. And, like always, I must remind myself WHY I do what I do...for the glory of God.
*A post about my injured finger is coming soon! :) The pictures I took were all too blurry, but I may just post the best of the blurry pics so that I don't have to go through another photo shoot! :)
Friday, May 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment