OK, this will need to be the post of many updates....
July 6: Jeorgia Rose Fetterly was born. She was 7 lbs. 14 oz. and 20 inches long (I think). She lost 14 oz. really quickly in the hospital and did not begin gaining over the next 2 days and was below the 10% loss parameters that doctors like to keep the baby within, so the third day, they asked me to give small amounts of formula. She gained an ounce or two and they let us go home. A couple days later (after small formula supplements) she had gained to 7 lb. 6 oz. So they let me drop the formula...however Jeorgia stayed at 7 lb 6 oz. for about 10 days (I had her weight checked just about every other day). I was nursing her ALL the time. With careful use of formula, pumping, and nursing, she finally began to gain weight. I dropped the formula, and continued to pump. Then she was able to gain an ounce a day over the next few days without me pumping or supplementing. This brought us right up to our MOVE! She was weighed a couple days ago and was at 10 lb. 4 oz. which averaged her gaining about an ounce a day since our move. Praise the Lord!
July 29: Our ABF packing trailers arrived. Thanks to MANY friends, we were able to finish packing up the house, and then the following day, we were able to load the truck (again, with the help of many friends). We borrowed some blow up mattresses and stayed in the empty house until the following Tuesday. Somehow, with a big thanks to Mimi Hobbs, we were able to get the house cleaned by Wednesday afternoon.
August 2: We moved our packed vehicles and family over to a guest house that our friends the Prathers graciously allowed us to stay in the last couple of nights.
August 3: We finished cleaning out our house, packed our vehicles for the road trip, enjoyed a lovely evening at church where we were able to say goodbye to many dear friends, and picked up my mom from the airport.
August 4: We set out early on a one way trip to Arkansas. We made it in a long 15 hour day. Jimmy drove the cat in his car. My mom and I took the 4 girls in the van. It was a long day, but we made it by the grace of God. God knows what we can bear, and he knew we couldn't have done it without my dear mother. She was so helpful that day and over the next week as we attempted to get settled and unpacked. That evening we stayed with our dear friends the Hamlines. We were so exhausted and it was so good to sleep that night. I had cried so much the day before, I had a huge headache the entire day. So I can definitely attest to God sustaining me as I drove for 15 straight hours!
August 5: We moved into our rent house (which we had not seen until we arrived). It is smaller than what we were used to, but it definitely meets our needs for now. Several friends came over to help us unpack our truck that evening.
August 7: This was our first Sunday back at BCLR. As thankful as we were to be there, it was a hard day as well. I knew that I wouldn't feel quite settled until my girls were settled. Jane cried when I tried to take her to her SS class, so I let her go in with Jewel that day. Jeneva wouldn't stray 6 inches from me....she was overwhelmed with it all. Thankfully, after a few weeks, the girls seem to be settling into their new life here, but we still have tears sometimes about them missing those they love in Tallahassee.
August 13: After a full week of unpacking, caring for little ones, enjoying my momma, getting new licenses, etc., we brought my mom to Nashville, AR to spend some time with her parents. It was a sad day to leave her. We all loved having her with us. We also celebrated Jeneva's 2nd birthday at my grandparent's house.
August 14: Jeneva turns TWO! Our sweet little Jeneva celebrated her 2nd birthday. We kept things pretty simple. I bought her cake and brought it down to Nashville to celebrate with family. On her actual birthday, we went to church and then that evening had our long-time friends the Johnsons over for dinner (to help us finish up Jeneva's cake).
August 15: Jimmy started his job at UALR. This was a crazy week for me, with him being gone every day all day, but we managed just fine.
August 22 (I think): We started homeschooling. It took us a little time to get into the swing of things with a newborn, toddler, Kindergartener, and 2nd grader. Jewel had to buckle down and understand more and more is expected from her as she grows up. Now, she is doing really well, but it still takes her about 5 hours each day to complete her lessons.
Over the next few weeks, we spent a lot of time going to parks, showing girls places around Conway, hunting down our engraved bricks both at UCA and CBC, going to well baby visits, and more.
September 7: Awana began for the girls. They had been greatly anticipating this. Jimmy is the teacher of Jewel's group. With two weeks under their belt, their Awana books and vests awarded, they are ready to go! They are loving it! I started a ladies Bible study in I Peter that I think will really enjoy (once I can get my two little ones to go to nursery)!
That brings us pretty much up to date. There is definitely more that I could write, but that is all for now!
Saturday, September 17, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment