Friday, July 08, 2011

Jewel's Birthday "Tallahassee Memories" Treasure Hunt

Clues 1 -4

For Jewel's birthday celebration, I decided to do a family "Tallahassee Memories" treasure hunt around the town to stop at special places we will want to remember once we move.

She was handed her first clue when she got into the van:

To celebrate your 7th birthday, sweet Jewel,

We wanted to do something really cool!

So, today, with YOU out in front,

Our family will go on a treasure __ __ __ __!

**Answer** H U N T (On the back of most of the clues were scrambled letters for her to use to fit into the blanks. Also, if there was a sticker on the back of the clue, that noted that she would get a present at that stop!)
Clue #2:

The first stop we will make on our hunt you will see,

Just so happens is your very favorite place to be!

We sing and we pray and we visit with friends,

And a __ __ __ __ __ basket is waiting when our time ends.

**Answer** C A N D Y

There was as sticker on the back of this clue. Her gift was her own digital camera!!! :) After being given some verbal clues, she found it on the pulpit in the auditorium.



This is around the pew where we sit....although Daddy moves us around a lot! It is actually pretty normal for me and Jeneva not to be sitting with them long because I am usually in the cry room with her.
Going downstairs...
Jewel and Jane's Sunday School classroom...
The library where we have gotten many books to read aloud at home...
Clue #4:

The next stop we’ll make is a place you’ll know well,

It’s a place that has lots of letters….too long to spell.

It’s the reason our family to Tallahassee did move,

The place is most special to Daddy; it’s __. __. __.!

**Answer** F S U
The gift she received here was a memory album to put all of her pictures in.


Above Jewel is taking the picture of Jane that you see below! :)



Clue #4:

You made it this far, and there are more stops to go.

The next place we drive past often and you are sure to know.

We will each buy something that we will all like, I think.

It’s a place to go when you want a special __ __ ink!

**Answer** D R ink



Stay tuned for more! We have 7 more clues to go! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How fun! I'm so glad you have documented their lives! Since I can't be there, it makes me at least feel I was. I love you...Mom