Sunday, March 27, 2011
Overdue Update
Well, once again, I abandoned blogging for quite a while! I am going to try to give a little update and then also get back on track with some picture posts. Baby: First of all, I don't think I have announced some big news...this Fetterly family only has GIRLS...#4 is going to be another girl! :) So, it will be kind of fun to have Jewel and Jane a little over 22 months apart and Jeneva and Girl #4 a little under 23 months apart. That will be great for matching clothes/ hand-me-downs! :) Pregnancy: I am going to do my best not to complain, but pregnancy is definitely NOT my favorite season of life. Gratefully, I am passed my extreme fatigue and queasiness which seemed to subside around 14 weeks or so. This past week (week 25) I re-introduced coffee (one of my major food aversions) back into my diet successfully. I have somehow been able to only see the doctor TWO times with this pregnancy (which I am happy about). I requested to combine my first two appointments (an orientation and the first ultrasound/visit), cancel my next appt which was just a routine urine, weight, and blood pressure check, and make it to my next appt for the ultrasound which told us the gender of the baby. Now here I am at week 25 getting ready for my third visit. Thankfully, my doctor understands the inconvenience of lots of appts and told me last time to just schedule my next appt 6 weeks later (since I was an old pro at it)! I did find out that I have a fibroid cyst in my uterus that will probably begin causing me some pain within the next few weeks; however, it is supposed to not hurt the baby at all. I guess it will just be removed when the baby is born. Job: We have been praying (and asking others to pray) that God would make our choice clear about moving or staying here. Well, in His providence (and much to our surprise) He did not allow Jimmy to get the job in Conway, Arkansas at UCA. However, Jimmy will be interviewing with UALR (The University of Arkansas at Little Rock) this week for a tenure tracked position. Although, originally, this wouldn't have been Jimmy's first choice because of his love and history with UCA, it looks like it actually might be a good position for him AND would be closer to our old church family. I will (hopefully) post some pictures in the next few days. We recently took a road trip to Pennsylvania for Jimmy's grandfather's funeral, and I may have a few pictures from that trip.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
So, apparently, I must have either dreamed up some of the facts I thought I knew about my fibroid or either I am just going crazy. The doctor told me yesterday that the fibroid is not usually caused by scar tissue from past surgeries (my last c-section) and also that they will not be removing the fibroid/cyst when I have my next c-section due to the risks and the extra bleeding that occurs when fibroids are cut out. Soooo...I guess I will be living with the fibroid forever unless it starts causing other problems.
Post a Comment