A month or two ago I was looking over some of my past 6 years' worth of posts. And I realized that I used to post little updates and things about the girls more often than I currently practice doing. So, I decided that I would just try to post little updates periodically even if I don't have pictures to go with them.
So here goes...
Yesterday, the girls and I ran some errands and made a special trip to McDonald's for dinner to use some gift cards that they had received for Christmas. We had also seen a sign that advertised for 1.99 Happy Meals on Tuesdays and Thursdays so we wanted to take advantage of that! After running our errands we attended a local homeschool meeting. I needed to return some books to their "library" so it was imperative that I attend, even if I did have 3 little ones in tow and it was near bedtime (since Jimmy teaches a night class on Thursday evenings).
The girls were excited about their Happy Meal so they brought in their box and little My Little Ponies Happy Meal toys to play with. I was debating whether or not I would stay for the guest speaker, a local doctor, because I wasn't really sure how much I would be able to hear while tending to 3 girls. However, as soon as I heard the topic, "Children's eating habits," I was really interested to hear the lecture. A minute or two into the interesting talk, I looked at my girls who were both just as proud as they could be of their Happy Meal boxes...then I realized what a great example of what "not to feed your children" I was to the whole room full of parents!
I resisted the urge to shout out that it was only the 3rd time for my children to EVER have a Happy Meal, AND the 1st time EVER to get one when we weren't on a trip! AND that my girls requested NOT to have fries but the apples instead (without my prodding). AND that, up until about a year ago, they didn't even know what a "Happy Meal" was.
Oh well, I just chalked this one up to be a lesson for my heart in not fearing what others think about you. :) It was actually pretty hilarious to me in the end...especially since Jeneva was doing a wonderful job drawing attention to our little fast-food-eating-clan! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Krista, you made me laugh this morning! Doesn't God have a way of humbling us or revealing our fear of man? You are a good mom. My kids would ALWAYS choose the fries!
I ordered Jeneva's kid's meal with fries so that I could have some! :)
And, yes, God does have a way of exposing our sin to us! I am glad that He does because my biggest struggle is pride in my own works...which is the worst and most devestating struggle, I think. Every time I have an opportunity to help my children see their sin (they seem to take after me!), I say something to the effect that if they don't think they sin then they have no need for a savior. By God's grace, God even uses my own children's sin to expose my own.
Post a Comment