1 T. yeast
3 T. brown sugar
3/4 c. warm water
2 3/4 c. whole wheat flour
1 T. gluten
3 T. nonfat dry milk powder
1 t. salt
3 T. coconut oil
1 egg
Mix the yeast and brown sugar into the warm water. Let stand until foamy. Place the next four dry ingredients in the food processor (with dough blade inserted). Turn on to mix. With machine going drizzle the oil, egg, and yeast mixture. Once dough has formed and has "cleaned" the sides of the bowl, let machine run for 45 seconds (this is in place of kneading the dough).
Turn on oven for about 2 or 3 minutes to warm. Turn off so that the temperature is not too hot. Place the dough into a slightly oiled bowl. Cover and place bowl in a warm oven for about 45 minutes to an hour for the dough to rise.
Punch dough down, roll out in sections on a slightly floured cutting board. I use the lid to my coconut container. It makes the perfect sized sandwich thins! Place cutouts on a slightly oiled baking sheet. Decorate the tops with a knife in a tic-tac-toe pattern, and bake for 15 minutes at 375 degrees.
When sandwich thins are mostly cooled, I go ahead and slice the bread with a bread knife and place the halves back to together. Then I put them all in a zip lock back and throw them in the freezer. When we need bread, I just take out what we need and defrost them for a few seconds. They are as soft as the day they were baked!
Tip: I usually don't roll my dough scraps back out more than once; they aren't as pliable. I just make a small loaf with the scraps to enjoy some freshly baked bread right out of the oven.


No comments:
Post a Comment