Friday, May 14, 2010

Vv Vegetables

A few weeks ago we did a unit on Vegetables. The girls had a lot of fun making their poster and having a vegetable party for dinner.
We had a few fresh vegies (carrots, cucumbers, and radishes), a few vegies seasoned and sauted in coconut oil (potatoes, onions, and carrots), a steamed spaghetti squash, baked eggplant, "spaghetti" type of sauce with tomatoes*, onions, and seasonings, and sweet potatoes for dessert!
I have to admit that I wasn't that impressed with the spaghetti squash. It tasted kind of mushy and bland. If I EVER try it again, I will have to do some better research on how to prepare it best.


A couple days later we enjoyed the artichoke. It was the first time for me to prepare it. The girls didn't care for the eating process of scraping the artichoke "meat" off of the leaves with their teeth, but they did enjoy the artichoke dip I made from it!
*Yes, I realize that tomatoes are fruit!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful project/ meal! :)
love seeing the pics - you're making me hungry..time for lunch!

Anonymous said...

oh, the above comment was from your older sister!!