
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
Jeneva and Her Feet!
Jeneva loves her feet. She is going to love this warmer weather when she won't have socks or footed clothing on. Whenever we lay her on her changing table, she grabs her feet and usually puts them in her mouth. It makes changing diapers a bit of challenge when she won't let go of her foot! Thankfully Jeneva doesn't have any teeth yet. Once she "bit" her toe a little too hard and started crying. I think she learned her lesson! :)


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





5 comments:
Cute pics! Glad to hear that Jimmy is nearing the end of grad school!
I'll bet those are sweet little toes on such a sweetheart!!!! -NanaJ
She is so cute!!!
I am curious how you are liking the diapers and if they are still working well for you. The one she has on looks like it fits well!
Ashley, we have really liked the GroBaby cloth diapers so far.
After using them for a few months I found one that hadn't been used that fell behind the dresser. Compared to that newer diaper, I could tell the diapers we had used for a few months had lost some of the velcro strength...but even after 7 months of use, they are stil stay very secure.
I was a little apprehensive about beginning solids with Jeneva, but cloth diaper use has pretty much remained the same. Jeneva has always gone several days between bowel movements so I am not faced with poopy diapers every day.
We use disposable diapers when we travel, but I really don't think it would be that big of a deal to use cloth, except if we were going to be gone more than 3 days and had to wash them.
I don't think that the diapers have ever leaked, that I can think of...maybe when she was really little and I didn't have them on the right setting while I was experimenting with the 3 sizes...but overall they are a great fit.
I am pretty sure they will last until she is pottytrained, and maybe even for another child.
We haven't used the "booster" cloth inserts yet. Maybe down the road they may be necessary, but so far the basic shell and "soaker pad" have been sufficient.
I think we spent about 400 dollars for the diapers, diaper pail liner, and small bag. Those 12 shells and 24 soaker pads last at least 3 days...which is as long as you really need between washings. I wash them on a short cold cycle without soap, then on a heavy duty hot/cold cycle with detergent. Then I dry them until they are pretty hot to "sterilize" them. They don't stink, and when Jeneva's BM's were looser and slightly stained the soaker pad, I would just set them out in the sun and they would be bright white again.
Hope that helps. I would definitely recommend them, but of course, they are the only cloth diapers I have used so I am not exactly an authority! :)
Such cute pics...here I am looking at them at one in the morning...
THanks for posting them. The girls are cute as always!
--Kari
Post a Comment