
The following events you are about to read are real. However, the names have been changed to protect the innocent.
6:30 p.m. Mother begins (yes, begins) homeschooling # 1 and # 2
7:10 p.m. Father reads to #1 and #2 while Mother finishes up household stuff.
7:45 p.m. Mother heats up leftovers for #1 and #2 who were about to die if they didn't have any food.
8:00 p.m. Father and Mother tucks in #1 and #2 for the night and get ready for bed.
8:30 p.m. Mother nurses #3.
9:00 p.m. Mother climbs into bed. (woo-hoo, record early time!)
10:30 p.m. #3 cries and Mother takes care of her.
11:55 p.m. #2 is crying and needs some attention.
12:22 a.m. #2 needs attention again because she can't seem to fall asleep.
12:25 a.m. #3 cries out and Mother nurses her.
12:40 a.m. Mother returns to bed after realizing #3 really just needed a pacifier instead of nursing.
1:30 a.m. #1 begins coughing. She needs a drink of water. Mother hunts down #1's water thermos.
1:55 a.m. Mother finally falls back to sleep after listening to #1 cough and praying for her.
2:20 a.m. #3 wakes and needs attention. (This is where the story begins to get blurry.) Mother "thinks" she nurses #3.
3-ish #2 needs attention again
4-ish #3 needs attention, and after Father fails to make her happy, Mother nurses her.
5-ish #3 ready to wake up...Father takes care of her while mother tries to sleep.
6-ish #2 wakes for the day. #3 is ready to go back to sleep, but just cries in her bed until Mother rescues her and, yes, nurses her again.
6:50 a.m. Father leaves for work.
6:55 a.m. #2 overly concerned that Father gave her cereal in a glass bowl instead of a plastic one. Mother promises to rectify the situation as soon she finishes nursing #3.
7:00 a.m. Mother returns #3 to her crib, saves the day for a 3 year old who doesn't want to want to break yet another glass bowl, and then searches for coffee.
Although Mother likes numbers and appreciates clocks, she thinks it will be nice when her children don't help her see every hour on the clock during the night.
Good Morning, Everyone! :)
6:30 p.m. Mother begins (yes, begins) homeschooling # 1 and # 2
7:10 p.m. Father reads to #1 and #2 while Mother finishes up household stuff.
7:45 p.m. Mother heats up leftovers for #1 and #2 who were about to die if they didn't have any food.
8:00 p.m. Father and Mother tucks in #1 and #2 for the night and get ready for bed.
8:30 p.m. Mother nurses #3.
9:00 p.m. Mother climbs into bed. (woo-hoo, record early time!)
10:30 p.m. #3 cries and Mother takes care of her.
11:55 p.m. #2 is crying and needs some attention.
12:22 a.m. #2 needs attention again because she can't seem to fall asleep.
12:25 a.m. #3 cries out and Mother nurses her.
12:40 a.m. Mother returns to bed after realizing #3 really just needed a pacifier instead of nursing.
1:30 a.m. #1 begins coughing. She needs a drink of water. Mother hunts down #1's water thermos.
1:55 a.m. Mother finally falls back to sleep after listening to #1 cough and praying for her.
2:20 a.m. #3 wakes and needs attention. (This is where the story begins to get blurry.) Mother "thinks" she nurses #3.
3-ish #2 needs attention again
4-ish #3 needs attention, and after Father fails to make her happy, Mother nurses her.
5-ish #3 ready to wake up...Father takes care of her while mother tries to sleep.
6-ish #2 wakes for the day. #3 is ready to go back to sleep, but just cries in her bed until Mother rescues her and, yes, nurses her again.
6:50 a.m. Father leaves for work.
6:55 a.m. #2 overly concerned that Father gave her cereal in a glass bowl instead of a plastic one. Mother promises to rectify the situation as soon she finishes nursing #3.
7:00 a.m. Mother returns #3 to her crib, saves the day for a 3 year old who doesn't want to want to break yet another glass bowl, and then searches for coffee.
Although Mother likes numbers and appreciates clocks, she thinks it will be nice when her children don't help her see every hour on the clock during the night.
Good Morning, Everyone! :)
Note: "Father" does normally share in some of the excitement in the night, however he wasn't feeling well last night, and Tuesdays are his hardest day at work.


7 comments:
What a night you have had! I'm so sorry. I hope many sleeping nights are to come in the future. They have to just tire out after a while, right? Maybe a good nap in the middle of the day if they can all hit it just right? I guess Jewel was the least 'active' during the night, so she won't be as ready for a nap. Then again, I don't see how she can sleep well anyway with all of that going on at night! Anyway, I love you!!!! --Kari
Grandmother: "I wish I had been there to help with numbers 1 and 2...probably couldn't have helped much with number 3." From experience, this, too, shall pass...love you! -MomJ
Ah, poor momma! those are the hard hard days, I know. I will pray for you today.
Love,
Tami
(ps - you titled the post "sleep" - I think you need to add "deprived" to accurately name the post. :-s )
Wow. I hope this was not a typical night for you! Nights like that will wear you out quickly. :(
Oh, girl...I remember those days well. I hope everyone will give you an opportunity to lay down and nap for at least a little while today.
Thanks, everyone. No, being woken EVERY hour isn't typical, but I do seem to get up a lot.
Jimmy and I decided that pulling an all-nighter in college or high school is one thing, because you can always go home and nap or at least know that you can get a good night's sleep the next night, or sleep in. But when you are a parent sleep becomes very precious. There is no guanantee for rest in the future!
I'm so sorry you had such a rough night! I hope you can get some rest soon!
Post a Comment