Well, today is my LAST SUNDAY being pregnant (at least with this pregnancy). Over the past couple of days I have been trying to talk to the girls about how things will go with my hospital stay and with Nana coming to stay with them for those few nights. I think they are excited and just about ready for the big day! If anything, Jane might have some teary days with changes, but I think her excitement will probably outweigh any fears she has about changes. Jewel has been practicing putting diapers on her baby and thinking about how else she will be taking care of the baby. She really wants to help with belly button! :) We have the house just about ready to welcome our new little girl...the pack-n-play, swing, and bassinet are all set up; clothes are all washed and ready; hospital bags are mostly packed, and the freezer is stocked full of meals and the cabinets are over-stuffed with food.This morning on the way to church, Jimmy asked Jane what her favorite part was about staying in the hospital (when she had pneumonia a couple of months ago)...she said, "Walking to the movie cabinet and picking out a movie." Then Jimmy asked her what her least favorite thing was. She said, "Opening my mouth." Jimmy said, "To get your temperature taken or to take medicine?" She said, "No, when they were trying to give me air in my body." She laughs and continues, "But I already have air in my body!" Then we realized she was talking about the breathing treatments that they had given her the first couple of days. Jewel giggles and says, "Jane, those were just breathing TREATS!" (referring to breathing treatments). :)


2 comments:
can't wait to see pics of the new little one. i'll be praying for safe delivery and full quick recovery.<3 tami
So cute!!! Breathing 'treats' -I love it!!!
--Kari
Post a Comment