Wednesday, July 15, 2009

30 Days and Counting!


In only 30 days from today we will get to meet our new little bundle of joy. I have actually been more excited to meet this baby than even my previous two little girls. I think that is because now I see what a joy each child is and how different their personalities can be. I am excited to see what sort of personality this little girl will have and who she will look like! I know that I may be living in a fairyland in a way, but I think this baby might actually be the easiest for me to adjust to for a few reasons: I have cared for and nursed 2 infants already, my two little girls can be big helpers and are BOTH completely potty trained, and my girls no longer need me to carry them around (which is what I had to do with Jewel since she wasn't even 2 when Jane was born). I realize that I will do much more household managing now caring for and TEACHING my two big girls and caring for a newborn, but I think this past summer has been preparing me for it. The girls have learned how to do chores pretty well, and I have been experimenting with teaching them some preschool things together. I still realize that it is going to be very difficult to juggle all of my responsibilities while introducing two new things to our lives, namely a new baby and regular homeschooling.

As far as how my body is doing at this stage in the pregnancy...I have been doing a little better than I expected, I think. I was thinking that the last two months were the hardest, but I made it through the 8th month pretty well...I had some swelling, regular heartburn, and a limited amount of energy...but other than that I have had very little discomfort. However, even in the last couple of days I have been feeling a little more pelvic pressure (or heaviness) that requires me to sit or lay down periodically. The heartburn and swelling continue but are manageable. There have been times that I have been uncomfortable, have had difficulty breathing and experienced lightheadedness when the baby is positioned a certain way.

At home, I can tell that I am in the "survival" month now. But, thankfully, my family is helpful to pick up the slack for me and are OK with not-so-spectacular meals.

2 comments:

Hong and Tami Kim said...

Wonderful! So glad to hear this update. God is so good. I love to hear about the anticipation being different this time around - I think I would be the same way. Since I have a boy and a girl, I think I'd want the next one to be a surprise... so that I can have a different "anticipation" with the third round. That is crazy, homeschooling and newborn! :) I'm glad you're going ahead of me in this, so I can ask you questions. I hope our third will be after Caleb is more self-sufficient, potty trained, following instructions and being a little helper.

I hope you continue to do well in the Lord this last month. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Wow!! I can't believe there are only 30 days left!!!! :) HOw exciting. You still haven't told me a name yet.... :) -Kari