Saturday, July 25, 2009

20 Days and Counting!

In only 20 short--well, realistically, probably long--days, we will be meeting the newest member of our family. I have DEFINTELY been feeling that the end is approaching. My body is beginning to shut down a bit. In addition to the previously mentioned pregnancy discomforts, I have had contractions several times, discomfort from heavy pelvic pressure, uncomfortable baby kicks and jabs, and greater fatigue. There seems to be no room left inside my body! In fact, I don't think that I have gained any weight in the past 3 weeks or so. My poor bladder is now about the size of a pea!
I am so glad that I have a freezer full of meals. I guess now I will just sit back these last 2 to 3 weeks of pregnacy and first few weeks of recovering from c-section surgery and caring for an infant and rest as much as possible. My biggest challenge by far is going to the grocery store. The last couple of trips I have been blessed to have Jimmy stay home with the girls and Jenna come along to push the grocery cart. Not having 70 to 80 pounds (kids plus groceries) to push down each aisle makes grocery shopping do-able!
I have my last 2 doctor's appointments scheduled, c-section date set, and my mother's airline ticket booked. Now all I need to do is to NOT go into labor!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Counting down with you! Love you and sorry that you're uncomfortable. The end is near - soon you'll have a bundle of joy!
--Kari

Hong and Tami Kim said...

HANG IN THERE KRISTA! AS YOU TOLD ME in my pregnancy with Caleb: please DO try to rest and not do too much. I know that it's probably hard for you since you have always been an "achiever"...but remember what you told me. :) maybe you can use your time to post lots and lots of pics!

Krista said...

Tami, I know, I know...I told you to rest at the end...and I am TRYING! I have actually swallowed my "no thank you" several times when people have offered to help me out in some way and said "yes, thanks!" Of course, Jimmy also steps up here at the end too. He helps me SOOOO much!
As far as the picture posting goes...posting pictures requires TAKING pictures so I am not sure how many I will feel up to taking! :)