Friday, October 10, 2008

Pumpkin Marble Cheesecake

This is a really easy and very delicious fall dessert. It turns out just fine with low-fat and fat-free cream cheese (1 of each).
Crust:
1 ½ cups finely crushed gingersnaps (I actually break the gingersnaps into 2 or 3 pieces then run them in batches through my coffee grinder)
½ cup finely chopped pecans
1/3 cup butter

Combine ingredients, press onto bottom and 1 ½ inches up the side of a 9 inch spring form pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.

Filling:
2- 8 ounce packages cream cheese
¾ cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
3 eggs
1 cup canned pumpkin
¾ tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp ground nutmeg
Combine cream cheese, ½ cup sugar and vanilla, mixing at medium speed until well blended. Add eggs one at a time. Reserve 1 cup batter. Add the rest of the sugar, pumpkin, and spices to the batter; mix well. Spoon batters alternately drizzling onto crust. Use knife to “cut” filling to swirl the two colors. Bake at 350 degrees for 55 minutes. ENJOY!

3 comments:

beckylbranch said...

Oh wow! That looks so delicious and PRETTY!

Hong and Tami Kim said...

yum!!! :) looks fancy.

Peach said...

This is my exact recipe for what I call "Pumpkin Swirl Cheesecake" and it is always a hit. I have yet to make it this year...
I'm so excited to see someone else has this recipe!!
Sarah McGraw