I have recently read an excellent new book entitled Worldliness: Resisting the Seduction of a Fallen World edited (and partly written) by C. J. Mahaney. It is a great little book and is, in my opinion, a sort of modern day Puritanical book (focusing on Christians living in a fallen world). Everyone would benefit from this concise and well-written book. The topics include the following: God, My Heart, and Media; God, My Heart, and Music; God, My Heart, and Stuff; God, My Heart, and Clothes; and How to Love the World. I am sure that you can deduce from those titles that this book truly seeks to address worldliness from a heart perspective rather than an outward legalistic approach. I highly recommend this book to everyone!!!
Friday, October 24, 2008
A Book Recommendation
I have recently read an excellent new book entitled Worldliness: Resisting the Seduction of a Fallen World edited (and partly written) by C. J. Mahaney. It is a great little book and is, in my opinion, a sort of modern day Puritanical book (focusing on Christians living in a fallen world). Everyone would benefit from this concise and well-written book. The topics include the following: God, My Heart, and Media; God, My Heart, and Music; God, My Heart, and Stuff; God, My Heart, and Clothes; and How to Love the World. I am sure that you can deduce from those titles that this book truly seeks to address worldliness from a heart perspective rather than an outward legalistic approach. I highly recommend this book to everyone!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment