Friday, September 19, 2008

Godly Men of the Future, please take note...

of our little virtuous woman in the making!

The other day, while I was scrubbing the bathtubs, Jewel came to me to ask for something to eat. It was 11 a.m. so I told her that I would fix lunch as soon as finished cleaning. A few minutes later when I came into the kitchen I found Jewel putting the finishing touches on our lunch plates. She started by choosing the plates I always pick: the Dora plate, Winnie the Pooh plate, and a small white plate. Then she gave us each salad (with salad dressing and remembering to give us forks) and a yogurt. She had opened hers and Jane's and stuck spoons in them (remembering to give Jane a baby spoon). But she left my yogurt unopened so that I could do it myself (I guess that must be the way I bring the yogurt to the table because she acted like she did that purposefully). She was so pleased with herself. I then helped her to bring the plates to the table, and before I could thank God for our food, she said she would pray. It is always so sweet to see her pray...she remembered the missionaries in Senegal and asked that God would give us grace to obey Him. Then she said about 5 times the rest of the day, "Mommy, do you know why I fixed lunch?" And before I could answer, she would say, "I fixed lunch so that you didn't have to do it." I am praising God for such a sweet and precious little girl! I could take about 5 more little ones just like Jewel! :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sweetheart! --NanaJ

The Outlaw Family said...

This is awesome! I am speechless!! What a sweet spirited child :)

Gina said...

How precious! Elizabeth *loves* to fix lunch for everyone and always does such a wonderful job. Isn't it sweet to watch them grow and want to do things like this?

besnini said...

That is so sweet! And, might I say, a result of watching a servant-hearted mommy :) Isn't God's grace wonderful!!

Hong and Tami Kim said...

tooo cute! sweet little Jewel. :)

Anonymous said...

I loved looking at all the posts on this page. I was excited to see the all the cousins pics together. You always have such an interesting blog page! :)
Oh, and Ross told me to tell you that we didn't cheat on the game - you just changed the rules ;) haha
If I'd thought about it, I would've done what we did at Ginger's and got all the cousins pics taken together at Walmart! We may have to try that next time.
:O)
Love you and thank you for being such a gracious host to the evacuees. ---Kari

Anonymous said...

P.S. Jewel, you are a good 'cook'. I am so proud of you and I loved getting to see you and your sissy this past week!!! :)
---Aunt Kari