Monday, July 21, 2008

Key Truths

Key Truth #6: My heart is an idol factory. Several years ago, Elyse FitzPatrick spoke to the ladies at our church about learning to long for God and highlighted several key points from her book Idols of the Heart. This was when God began to reveal idols in my life that I was worshipping. Then through the teaching I received over the next few years, God taught me that my heart is nothing but an idol factory. It just keeps cranking out new idols all of the time! This knowledge has really helped me to expose where my treasure really is, where my affections lie, what brings me the most happiness, and where my idle thoughts turn toward. You can check out Elyse FitzPatrick’s seminar in the BCLR’s sermon archives entitled "Learning to Long for God Alone."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've enjoyed reading your "Key Truths". They are a good reminder to stay focused on those things that really matter. --Mom