Favorite person (outside family)? Well, because many of my very favorite people probably read this blog, I refuse to even contemplate who my very "favorite person" is outside my family! I have MANY special friends in MANY different circles of life. It would be difficult, even impossible, to choose just one person!
Favorite food? My favorite drink is a Starbuck's Frappachino. Some of my favorite foods are salmon, grilled asparagus, spinach artichoke dip, mangos, fruit sorbet, and dark chocolate.
Quirks about you? Maybe someone else should answer this. I am sure other people could identify many quirky things about me! Two things people might not know about me....
1) I ride a motorcycle (except now that I am a mother, I rarely ride and when I do I think about how as a mother I am "way to valuable to die" to actually enjoy it very much!).
2) I can spin a basketball on my finger for a really long time (until my finger begins to go raw!).
How would the person who loves you the most describe you in 10 words or less? Well, these are the words my husband listed for me when I posed the question to him: virtuous, adorned with Godliness, friend, wife, mother, compassionate, servant, loyal/faithful, lovely, and patient/longsuffering. (Thanks, Baby! I didn't even have to bribe him to say all of that!)
Any regrets in life? Yeah. Probably being consumed with self for many years. Of course I am still a work in progress in that department!
Favorite Charity/ Cause? All I can really think of is the many missionaries we know and love. Not that I know much about adoption agencies, but I could see that ministering to orphans is a ministry that I would really value.
Favorite Blog recently? I guess it would be Money Saving Mom because my computer time is usually used to plan my grocery shopping trips.
Something you can’t get enough of? dates with my husband
Worst job you’ve ever had? I have actually enjoyed almost every job I have ever had. The one thing that I dreaded about going to work at the shoe store I worked at for several years was how SLOW the time would go while you are standing around waiting on customers and straightening shoe boxes. I actually enjoyed the "work" part of that job, I just hated checking the clock and thinking that an hour surely must had past since I last checked and it had only been 10 minutes!!!
What job would you pay NOT to have? I really don't want to mention the first thing that came to my mind, but probably any sort of underwater deep sea diving job (do they even have jobs like that!) or anything to do with trash or bugs would be jobs I would definitely not like to have.
If you could be a fly on the wall, where? I know this may sound very strange, but the first thing that came to my mind was to be in a biblical couseling session watching and listening to a loving and wise counselor helping someone work through problems. I think that it would be such a learning experience to watch scripture give hope to the hopeless. Of course, if I had to pick an exact place to be, it would definitely have to be watching Jesus during his ministry on earth (maybe teaching in the house of Mary and Martha).
Favorite Bible verse right now? Well, over the past several years these verses have been some of my favorites:
"And let us not grow weary of doing good. For in due season we will reap, if we do not give up. So then, as we have opportunity, let us do good to everyone, and especially to those who are of the household of faith." Galatians 6:9, 10
"I tell you, on the day of judgment people will give account for every careless word they speak, for by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned." Matthew 12:36, 37
"Seek the Lord while he may be found; call upon him while he is near;... For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven and do not return there but water the earth, making it bring forth and sprout, giving seed to the sower and bread to the eater, so shall my word be that goes out from my mouth; it shall not return to me empty, but it shall accomplish that which I purpose, and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it." Isaiah 55:6, 10, 11
Guilty Pleasure? A full body deep tissue massage
If you HAD to spend $1,000 on YOURSELF, how would you spend it? On as many full body deep tissue massages that 1000 bucks could buy!
Favorite thing about your house? Sometimes our spare bedroom, because occasionally it is actually the only tidy room in the house (unless the girls get in there and start playing babies)! But practically speaking, our living room/dining room area is a probably my favorite place. The garage would be a close second, because everything that doesn't have a place in the house can be thrown into the garage! :)
Least favorite thing about your house? That there is no good place to put a kitty litter box.
One thing you are bad at? Staying on top of dishes. My lovely husband is always surprising me by loading the dishwasher. He is definitely speaking one of my love languages when he does that! :)
If you could change something about your circumstances, what? Ummm...I really miss the Bible Church. Maybe if all of our new church family could move back to Central Arkansas with us! :) Yes, that is what I would do! :)
Who would you like to meet someday? Can there really be any other answer than Jesus!?!?
Who is your real life hero? My Momma!
What is the hardest part of your job? Figuring out what really truly needs to get done everyday. Knowing how to juggle my many responsibilities and do them all well.
What stresses you out? My house being messy or cluttered.
What can you not live without? God's grace.
Why do you blog? Because it is something that makes my husband happy! He doesn't blog, but he really appreciates me doing it. Many of our loved ones don't live near us and blogging helps to keep them updated on our growing girls. And, because I don't do well at scrapbooking, blogging is about as close as I am going to get to documenting our family happenings!
Who Am I Tagging?
New/Newer bloggers- NONE
Bloggy friends- Bonnie
You’d like to get to know better- Debbie at Cheaper by the Baker's Dozen
Bloggers who you don't think will respond, but you hope will- NONE
Rules:1. Answer the questions
2. Link back to whoever tagged you
3. Tag eight bloggers to do the same, 2 from each category.New/ newer bloggers (since we want to share the love and send them traffic)
Bloggy friends
Bloggers you’d like to get to know better
Bloggers you don’t think will respond, but you hope will


3 comments:
This was fun to read, Krista! Hope you all are doing well. What sweet things for your husband to say about you! Loved that!
Awww, Jimmy! Such a sweet man - but I knew that. And everything he said is true in what I've observed about your life. :)
Oh, and they do have deep-sea diving jobs - guys that work on the under-the-sea structure part of oil rigs! That would freak me out, too.
You made your momma cry.......I don't feel like much of a hero these days. The older I get, the more inadequacies I see in myself. Maybe that's a good thing, though. I love you--Mom
Post a Comment