Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Shopping Date with Jewel

Last night I took Jewel shopping with me. We went to the library first then to Family Dollar (to look for Cilantro in hopes I wouldn't have to go to Wal-mart...they don't have it, but they DO have cheap spices!) Target, Walgreens, Wal-mart, and CVS. We had such a fun time shopping together. At our first stop, I got Jewel a little thing of candy (an off brand tic-tac thing). She was so excited. Her first question after thanking me several times was, "Mommy, is this healthy food?" I said, "No, it is full of sugar, but on special occasions it is fun to have a little candy." She had a great time with that little container. She stored it in her pocket and enjoyed the shaking sound it made as we walked through the stores.
When we got home, she wanted to show Jimmy her "little container of candy" (as she kept calling it). I didn't realize that she had saved two pieces, one of Daddy and one for Jane. She told Jimmy, "I shared one with Mommy, a lot with me, and then one's for you and one's for Jane!" As she handed Jimmy his piece she said, "It's NOT healthy food. It has a lot of sugar. But it's OK to eat a little bit!" Since Jane was already asleep she had to wait until this morning to give Jane her piece. This morning I heard her running to find her "little container" and then go straight to Jane's crib to give it to her. She said, "Jane, look what I have for you! Mommy bought it for me. What do you think about that!?! It's not healthy food. You like it, Jane? What do think about that!?!?" It is so cute to watch the girls interact with each other.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was in tears and laughing by the time I finished reading about your little shopping trip with our Jewelbug. (I know if you read this to her she will say, "I'm not a bug!) What a sharing and thoughtful heart she has! --MomJ

Jenny said...

Soooo soooo sweet!!!