Saturday, October 27, 2007

Project Completed!

After 3 weeks of waiting for our ordered UNFINISHED bookcase to arrive, the fun just began. I picked out a nice dark stain that would match our other furniture and a satin polyurethene to keep it nice and pretty for years to come. NOW I know why people pay extra to have their furniture stained BEFORE they purchase it. After carefully applying three coats of stain, followed by a coat of polyurethene, a thorough sanding of the entire bookcase, and one last coat of polyurethene, it was finally done! Until I applied that last coat, I was still uncertain if it was going to turn out to be halfway decent looking, but we were pleased with the final product. After anchoring the bookcase to the wall, we loaded the shelves up with the piles of books that had been scattering our floor for the past few weeks. As you can see from the picture, we didn't have room for all of our books, but we are slowly finding homes for the rest of them.

POOR JEWEL...

Yesterday, Jewel started out the day not feeling well. She slept most of the day and vomitted a few times. Today she is feeling a little better, but her tummy is still bothering her a little bit.

SATURDAY FUN...

This morning, I made homemade doughnuts. I don't think I will be doing THAT again any time soon. The batch I made was way too much. I think it made about 40 or 50 doughnut/doughnut holes. Thankfully, Jimmy brought our friend Jason home after they played basketball. So, I was able to give practically all of them to him for him to bring home to his roommates. I actually enjoyed making the doughnuts, but the frying part got a little old after the first dozen or so. I think if I try them again, I will try a recipe for baked doughnuts.

The weather was beautiful today. After playing around outside at home, we went downtown to walk around the Saturday market. There were some fun things there, but we had to cut our trip off early because Jewel was not feeling well.



NEW ADDITION TO OUR BLOG...

I have been working on a list of books that we HAVE read (and would recommend), ARE reading, or PLAN to read. You can check out the link on the side bar entitled "Fetterly Picks." It is still a work in progress, but I thought I would go ahead and let you all know about it!

No comments: